Beginning PHP, Apache, MySQL Web Development

eBook Information


  • An ideal introduction to the entire process of setting up a Web site using PHP (a scripting language), MySQL (a database management system), and Apache (a Web server)
  • Programmers will be up and running in no time, whether they're using Linux or Windows servers
  • Shows readers step by step how to create several Web sites that share common themes, enabling readers to use these examples in real-world projects
  • Invaluable reading for even the experienced programmer whose current site has outgrown the traditional static structure and who is looking for a way to upgrade to a more efficient, user-friendly site
  • The companion Web site features sample PHP scripts, as well as two fully functional working applications from the book

User review
Great beginners book
I think the people that criticize this book don't see the forest from the trees. Yes, there are typos, but this book goes into many of the things I was looking for in getting my ecommerce site going. I think a little more of an introduction/explanation of the basic concepts of html objects would be nice. That said, I have used many of the code examples in my site and am pleased with the results. I had an idea of the functionality I wanted on the site and every time I went to the book to find an example, it was there. Initially I was wondering about how I was going to install all of these tools (mysql, php, apache) and when I saw a reference to the xampp installer I was quite relieved. I have no hesitation in recommending this book to anyone interested in building a website with these tools.


DOWNLOAD
 
 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post